Broad spectrum enzyme formula containing 8 different digestive enzymes
Similase has been reformulated and is now vegan - all traces of dairy have been removed - plus Artichoke extract has been added
- Vegetarian and vegan, natural source enzyme formula
- Provides a highly concentrated, broad spectrum digestive enzyme formula
- Works both in the acidic gut and the alkaline intestines, from pH2 across to pH12
- Supports digestion of fats, carbohydrates and proteins, as well as plant fibres and sugars including lactose
- Contains artichoke extract which helps to support digestion and intestinal health
Which enzymes are included?
Why choose Similase?
- Suitable for almost everyone from age 1 onwards. Well tolerated by sensitive individuals. Especially for those requiring support for digestion of carbohydrates, proteins and fats. May be taken daily or just for over-indulgent occasions.
Product Code: 5595
Similase 42 Capsules
- Add to Wishlist
- PRODUCT UPDATES
Enzymes are necessary for the digestion of large molecule macronutrients (proteins, carbohydrates and fats) into small molecules that may be absorbed.
Protease breaks down proteins into absorbable peptides and amino acids.
Lipase breaks down triglycerides into absorbable free fatty acids and glyercol.
Only monosaccharides can be absorbed by the intestine. Starches and dissacharides must be broken down into single sugar units before being absorbed. Amylase breaks down starch. Maltase, lactase and sucrase break down the dissacharides maltose (malt sugar), lactose (milk sugar) and sucrose (table sugar) into monosaccharides for absorption.
Cellulase and phytase break down cellulose and phytates which can bind essential minerals and other nutrients, preventing their absorption.
Contains artichoke which helps to support digestion and intestinal health.
Each capsule typically contains
Enzyme Blend providing:
Artichoke (Cynara scolymus) extract
1) By Food Chemicals Codex (FCC)
2) By USP XXI method.
3) By Federation Internationale
Pharmaceutique (FIP) method.
4) By phytic acid method.
5) By FCC III method.
* NRV is the Nutrient Reference Value
✝ NRV not yet established
Magnesium stearate (vegetable)